Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July

We love the 4th of July in our house!! All of our friends left on vacation so we celebrated alone this year. This morning, Spencer took the girls swimming at our gym. The hope was for Spence to get a work out in before hand but the child center closed early. They swam for about 3 hours and had a ton of fun. I chose to stay home and get some things done around the house. Summer is always more difficult to keep the house clean when everyone is home. Besides that, I get to have some peace and quite for a few hours, which has been desperately needed.

Later this afternoon, I worked with Spencer on some honey-to-do items. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful it was to see him doing things that at one point we thought might never be again. How grateful I am for the simple things in life!
We left at 8:00 to attend the City of Thornton fireworks show! We LOVE fireworks! We went to some fireworks last night at a neighborhood close to ours. They do a good job for a small community. We have a very special place that we park in every year and it saves us a lot of time exiting at the end. We always go down to the field where all the vendors and performers are because it is the best place to be when the fireworks begin. This year, the lights went off at 9:30 and we all looked to the sky for some sky divers. It was incredibly awesome to watch! At first all you saw was one sky diver with fire coming off the back and then BOOM 4 more erupted with fire. They circled above twirling and swirling. The main sky diver was in red, white, and blue and carried the American Flag. I kept waiting for the flag to go up in flames since it was behind the fire. But, thankfully it did not catch fire. The four divers landed right in the middle of the field where we all sat. Can I just say....WOW! Right as they landed, the music and the fireworks started. I always get so emotional at these fireworks. This year it was for two reasons. The first was because I had my husband sitting next to me holding my 6 year old on his lap. The next reason is the same as every year, I am so grateful to live in a free country! The fireworks went for almost 30 minutes and a few times we thought the finale was already happening.




After we got home, we did some fireworks in the driveway with the girls.

Greta found the fireworks to be quite smelly



Our dog "Chewy" is really a cat in disquise. She is afraid of everything and has been since we got her. Since fireworks have been going off in our neighborhood, she runs and hides. This picture is under Greta's bed.





Happy 4th to all of you!

5 comments:

  1. Nice Jen! Hey how recent are these pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are some impressive fireworks. I'm sad to say we missed them again this year...we couldn't keep the toddler awake long enough.

    It makes me so happy to hear about Spencer doing so many things. I feel the need to call him the miracle man. He should design a superhero costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE BLOGGING!!!!! Did I say that loud enough!?! I have to warn you... I'll likely post a comment every time you update. Hope you don't mind! I love your "fancy chicas and a muchacho" title. It makes me smile! Glad you had a fun 4th. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice title... I'm sad I missed the fireworks with you guys. And Paul, you don't know me, but I'm pretty sure these were taken July 4th. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great update and blog!!! Love the ancient pictures!!! Remind me - when were they taken again???? :) Love Ya

    ReplyDelete