Monday, July 13, 2009

Mikayla's Surgery

This morning Mikayla went in for surgery to remove the other half of the mole on her head. Two years ago they biopsied it and it came back abnormal but no cancer cells had formed. The doctors said it could stay that way forever or had the potential of changing to melanoma at any point. I got really tired of digging through her hair to keep an eye on it. Plus, if it changed, I'm not sure I would know.
The surgery went well and hopefully the lab will show no changes and we can be done with it. However, she does have a new one on the bottom of her foot that they are worried about. They don't want to biopsy it until after summer to avoid any infections.

Spencer wanted to go down with her this morning which was a good thing. I was sure that I could handle it after everything I've been through but last night I wasn't so sure about that. Once the anesthesiologist starts talking about putting my child out, I about go out myself.
Mikayla only had to stay in the hospital for 2 hours and was itching to get out of there. So, now she's home resting and begging for ice cream.




Mikayla's 3 staples.





The dog was excited to snuggle her.

1 comment: