Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Flood!

I love rainy days........but not this one! We had this big storm that produced large amounts of rain. Spence called me from work and asked if the basement had any water coming in because it had a little the night before. I go down to check and it's pouring down in from the window all over the place. So, I start freaking out and I run to get some buckets to catch the water while Spence drove home to help. As I am sitting on the chair gathering the water, I look up and am face to face with a family of toads! EWW, YUCK! After awhile, it was pretty fascinating to watch them until I realized that the water running all over me was frog infested grossness. Spence got home and started barreling water out of the window well and the flooding ceased! Turns out the drain spout was clogged and pouring out the side into the window well. HALLELUJAH it happened before our framers came to start our basement!

Made me realize how truly blessed I am to have my husband still here to rescue me!

No comments:

Post a Comment