Friday, August 7, 2009

Carter Family Reunion

I am so glad this reunion is over! Our family was in charge of it this year and I chose to still do it so that I could get it over with. I love the reunions that I'm not in charge of because I can enjoy them and someone else is in charge of running the whole thing. Aside from being in charge, it was a ton of fun.

Day 1 - We had the ever dreaded family pictures first thing in the morning. It was hot and miserable. But, we got some adorable pictures and I must say that the Carter clan is a good looking bunch! I will be adding some of those pictures once I get them. After lunch, we drove up to Estes Park and set up camp.

Day 2 - I think I exhausted all of us with hiking. We started at Sprauge Lake then headed to Bear Lake, and ended with Alberta Falls. Rocky Mountain National Park is so natural and beautiful and I really appreciated the beauty that could only be found there. That night, we went to a ranger presentation on Chipmunks, Squirrels, and Marmots. At first I thought I was going to have to leave. I was not sure I would make it through a presentation on rodents. Surprisingly, once we figured out if the Ranger was a man or a woman, we enjoyed the very humorous presentation.
Mikayla, Greta, and Katie at Sprauge Lake
Uncles are always suckers!
Spence and I by some falls at Sprague Lake
Bear Lake
Alberta Falls

This day was hard on Spence but he endured it well.

Day 3 - We went to Estes Lake for some water fun. Once we got lunch out and set up, the clouds rolled in and brought a lot of cold rain. We packed up and went to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. After we enjoyed our treats, the rain cleared up and we drove back to the lake. We were able to get a few hours of fun in before it started raining again. The best part was watching a wedding party sitting in the pouring rain waiting for the wedding to begin. Back at camp, we got poured on again during dinner. It stopped long enough for us to celebrate the 3 birthdays coming up. Once the rain started again, we all went under a canopy and hung out until it started flooding at our feet. We took off for our tents and prayed they would hold up against the rain.

Kids at the museum


Paul the ranger.

Spence and Adam
John and Paul. Sorry guys for throwing you under the bus but I couldn't resist. Question, how did Zane get out of all of this fun?
Boating at Lake EstesBirthdays for John, Teresa, and Mom.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like fun. We're planning on getting our kiddos up to the mountains for a little camping and hiking this week before school starts up again. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete