Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Elitches

I have neglected my blog for about a month and so I posted several at one time. So, you can read one or read them all.

Spencer's work had their Elitches day this past Friday! As the day approached, I had a sick feeling that Spence shouldn't be riding the rides. I talked to him about it and he blew it off like every guy in America does. So, I called his Neuro and as expected, there was a definite, "NO WAY!" However, they did give one exception which was that he could ride any ride that didn't have a health warning sign in front of it. I let Spence know and basically ruined the rest of his day.

At Elitches, I let him go on the Sea Dragon since it seemed fairly harmless. There is a picture below that shows him with his hands in the air all full of excitement. As the ride progressed, I started getting really worried because his body language was showing great discomfort. After he exited the ride, he looked green and had to sit down. He said he threw up a few times in his mouth. The seemingly innocent ride ended up being a disaster. No more rides for Spence! I guess Disneyland is out of the picture for awhile.

We had a great time despite the fact that Spence couldn't ride much. He did go on the Ferris Wheel and had no problem with it.

This year was great because Katie could ride almost all of the rides. YEAH! We graduated out of the kiddie area! My girls are thrill riders so all fast rides were enjoyed fully!









3 comments:

  1. Glad the girls had a great time... sorry it was so sucky for Spence. I'd be sad too if I couldn't ride the thrill rides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,
    I have been wanting to write you and Spence a letter, but haven't been able to get your address and then I found your blog!
    I have to tell you that when Meg told me about the accident, I prayed and fasted for your family. I still do. I am grateful to be able to see the miracles that have taken place for your family.
    You are beautiful and such a strong woman. Seeing all these pictures of your girls makes me smile.
    I love you guys. You have always been such an example of true love and charity. Thank you for that. I am glad that I know you all.
    I hope things continue to improve.
    Just wanted you to know that I have thought of you and prayed for you all often.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. I use to love fast crazy rides, I have to admit, they make me kind of sick to my stomach now. Looks like it was cold.

    ReplyDelete