Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My life as the Soccer Mom!

I never thought I would be "that mom." You know, the one that runs all over the place for that sport known as soccer. It was too cliched for me and besides, I wanted dancers. But, here I find myself being, "that mom."

Mikayla had her first soccer tournament this Saturday and Sunday. It was such an awesome experience for her team. When they started out as a new team a year and a half ago, they didn't win a single game. It was painful to watch! But with time, they became comfortable playing together and the next season they won most of their games.
During the tournament, the Red Rubies (Kayla's team) tied for 1st place in their division but the other team got to move forward to the final round. It was a bummer for the girls but they were amazing on the field.
Greta's team has gone undefeated so far this season. This is a new team for Greta since she wasn't picked to go competitive. Not quite sure what to think of her new team.
Katie is still a little powerhouse on the field. She has a natural ability to play the game and nothing gets in her way. She was very disappointed during her last game because she only scored 2 goals. I had to remind her that she was sick and still made 2 goals. At least she isn't face planting any girls this year.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm only a soccer mom for about 6 weeks a year. Maybe if my boys showed more talent and ambition in the sport, I'd feel differently about it... but as things stand... not so much!

    ReplyDelete